A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD THAT REDUCES BARRIERS
Entrepreneurship is a path to sustainable growth and prosperity, but only for those who can hurdle its barriers to entry. That path is far more readily available to those who are white, male, and wealthy. Ensuring the opportunity of entrepreneurship is available to all requires action to address the underlying and well-documented systemic barriers.
What can policymakers do?
- Streamline the Process of Starting a Business
- Create Opportunity with Infrastructure Investment
- Improve Connection to the Digital Economy
- Accelerate the Workforce and Job-Creating Power of Immigrants
- Unlock Entrepreneurial Activity by Reforming Noncompete Agreements
- Rein in Occupational Licensing
- Reduce Debt-Imposed Barriers to Entry